FC results from the weekend
It was a mixed weekend for FC, as the Frauen couldn’t build on their win over Leverkusen and were narrowly beaten by SC Sand. The under-21s were pegged back late on in the derby, but there were wins for the under-19s and under-17s as they stay on course at the right end of the table.
Drexler: “The fans pushed us on”
After the battling 1:1 draw against Augsburg, NetCologne FC-TV spoke with Dominick Drexler, Benno Schmitz and Markus Gisdol.
Cordoba rescues a point
1. FC Köln battled to a deserved draw against FC Augsburg on Saturday afternoon at the RheinEnergieSTADION. Both sides were shown first-half red cards that sandwiched the opening goal from Florian Niederlechner. Jhon Cordoba rescued a point thanks to a superb solo strike at the death.
Preview before the game against Augsburg
1. FC Köln take on FC Augsburg on Saturday afternoon at the RheinEnergieSTADION. It’s Markus Gisdol’s first home game in charge of FC, and he’ll be hoping to start it with a bang.
The Number Crunch: At home against Augsburg
It’s a Saturday showdown between 1. FC Köln and FC Augsburg at the RheinEnergieSTADION. There’s a lot on the line as we enter the final stretch leading up to the Winter Break. Here are 10 numbers to get you in the mood for the game.
FC make visit to children’s hospital
On Wednesday, a special appointment was in the calendar for the 1. FC Köln players. They visited the children’s hospital on Amsterdamer Straße to hand out Christmas gifts.
FC beaten by Leipzig
1. FC Köln fell to a 4:1 defeat against Leipzig on Saturday evening. The hosts went 3:0 up after goals from Timo Werner, Emil Forsberg and Konrad Laimer. Rafael Czichos gave FC hope before the break, but Emil Forsberg’s late free-kick killed any hopes of a comeback.
The Number Crunch: Away to Leipzig
1. FC Köln make the trip East on Saturday evening to take on Leipzig. It’s Markus Gisdol’s first game in charge of FC, and he’ll be hoping to keep up his good record against RB Leipzig and create a bit of Bundesliga history.
Preview ahead of the trip to Leipzig
1. FC Köln make the trip to Leipzig on Saturday evening for the first game of Markus Gisdol’s reign as head coach. The 50-year-old is hoping to hit the ground running in Matchday 12’s Topspiel.